Friday, June 19, 2015

Future Card Buddyfight: Red Warrior, Road Blader

As a Magic World player, I dread whenever I face a Hero World deck. I'm sure a lot of you guys are familiar with their Monsters becoming Items, and thus they gain defense power as well right?

Fair warning: this article will have bias...namely on how it influenced me into thinking how great the card is.
This guy needs a lot of salt to clear the road you know?
This card is simply amazing at what he does. For starters, those stats are actually good, in particular his Defense power.With a Justice Will Prevail, he can stop a lone attack from Thunder Knights Bastard Dragon, Dragowizard Tempest Dragon, and base form Seiger due to having a base defensive power of 5000. Good for a Hero World player, bad for us Wizard players. Unless we have a Size 2 AND a Size 1 OR 3 Size 1s then we ain't going to hit that (unless you're one of those crazy people that run Kenjy). To be out of the "danger zone" (which I like to call when facing an equipped Superhero and the threat of Justice WIll Prevail) you have to link for 8000.

I know there are a lot of decks that can hit this threshold no problem.  It still doesn't make it any less scary though.

...I did warned that this article will be biased right?
I think this is how every Hero World player feels when their opponent can't hit them.

His on-call (or on-Transform) ability is simple, but very good. Upon setting foot on the field, he can destroy ANY Monster. It's so simple, but it works so wonderfully. Not only will it clear a center Monster so you can lay major damage on your opponent's life, but it also helps knock out Movers, pressure Monsters (like Wil Glassart), and ones that have Soul Guard. The point is that the ability is simple, and as such, it's quite versatile.

Don't worry about his Call Cost and Transform cost of 2 Gauge.  Shout-outs to Austin for teaching me and an aspiring Hero World player that Hyper Energy also happens to have the "Brave Machine" attribute. That means you can use Call Super Machine spell to search it out and gain a total of 3 gauge. Assuming you Transformed into Road Blader the same turn, you still come out with one extra gauge, and that single Gauge may allow you cast draw2 spell or summon Emergency Launch Decker Drum.

Road Blader is a good control card. I wouldn't say it's the Demon Lord Asmodai of Superheroes, but I can see why some people in my locals (of 6) will make this comparison. And as salty as I am with this card, it is reasonably cost. According to Blaise, 2 gauge should be the equivalent of 1 card, and since this thing can destroy any Monster (on-call or on-transformation) it is very powerful.

Now if you excuse me...I have some salt I need to let lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment